Countering an impersonal world of violence with a smile, respect, warmth, and acts that affirm the dignity of human beings created in the Image of God.
- 1. Goodwill; benevolence; that temper or disposition which delights in contributing to the happiness of others, which is exercised cheerfully in gratifying their wishes, supplying their wants or alleviating their distresses; benignity of nature. Kindness ever accompanies love.
2. Act of good will; beneficence; any act of benevolence which promotes the happiness or welfare of others. Charity, hospitality attentions to the wants of others, &c., are deemed acts of kindness, or kindnesses. Acts. xxviii.
- a. Disposed to do good to others, and to make them happy by granting their wants or assisting them in distress; having tenderness or goodness of nature; benevolent; benignant.
- God is kind to the unthankful, and to the evil. Luke iv.
Be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted. Eph. iv.
Webster's 1st ed., 1828
“‘Kindness’ covers all of my political beliefs,” he wrote, at
the end of his memoir, “Life Itself.” “No need to spell them
out. I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities,
we have done something to make others a little happier,
and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is
about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a
crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts.
We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no
matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances.
We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived
long enough to find it out.” ~ Roger Ebert (1942 - 2013)
God has created in me a commitment to:
- Using a gift to show the worth of a person
- Bringing joy out of sorrow
- Giving honor to whom honor is due
- Returning good for evil
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
-- Romans 8:28-29
I have remembered Thy Name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept Thy Law.
-- Psalm 119:55
This isn't that New Age "Positive Thinking" stuff, is it??
Table of Contents