Welcoming irritations and frustrations as friends and
allowing them to perfect our character
- 1. Having the quality of enduring evils without murmuring
or fretfulness; sustaining afflictions of body or mind with
fortitude, calmness or christian submission to the divine
will; as a patient person, or a person of patient
2. Not easily provoked; calm under the sufferance of
injuries or offenses; not revengeful.
- Be patient towards all men. 1 Thess.
- 3. Persevering; constant in pursuit or exertion; calmly
4. Not hasty; not over eager or impetuous; waiting or
expecting with calmness or without discontent.
Webster's 1st ed., 1828
I know how to accept a difficult situation from God without giving
Him a deadline to remove it.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who
love God, to those who are the called according to His
purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be
conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn
among many brethren.
-- Romans 8:28-29
I have remembered Thy Name, O LORD, in the night, and have
kept Thy Law.
-- Psalm 119:55
This isn't that New Age
"Positive Thinking" stuff, is it??