Communicating the genuine, accurate, and permanent.
- n. [Sax. treowth, truth, and troth; G. treue;
D. getrouwheid, fidelity, from trouw,
trust, faith, fidelity, whence trouwen, to marry
1. Conformity to fact or reality; exact accordance with that
which is, or has been, or shall be. The truth of
history constitutes its whole value. We rely on the truth
of the scriptural prophecies
- My mouth shall speak truth. Prov.
Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is
truth. John xvii.
- 2. True state of facts or things. The duty of a court of
justice is to discover the truth. Witnesses are
sworn to declare the truth, the whole truth,
and nothing but the truth.
3. Conformity of words to thoughts, which is called moral
- Shall truth fail to keep her
- 4. Veracity; purity from falsehood; practice of speaking
truth; habitual disposition to seek truth; as when we say, a
man is a man of truth.
7. Honesty; virtue.
- It must appear
That malice bears down
- 10. Sincerity
- God is a spirit, and they that worship him must worship in
spirit and in truth. John iv.
- 11. The truth of God, is his veracity and
faithfulness. Ps. lxxi.
- Or his revealed will.
I have walked in thy truth. Ps. xxvi.
- 12. Jesus Christ is called the truth. John
13. It is sometimes used by way of concessions.
- She said, truth, Lord; yet the dogs eat of the
crums -- Matt. xv.
That is, it is a truth; what you have said, I admit to be
- In truth, in reality; in fact.
- Of a truth, in reality; certainly.
- To do truth, is to practice what God commands.
I earn future trust by accurately reporting past facts.
Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man
truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to
Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, --
O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
-- Psalm 119:97
This isn't that New Age
"Positive Thinking" stuff, is it??