The first step to "Liberty Under God"
is "backtracking" to return to "the
Organic Law" of our country: the Declaration of Independence, the
Constitution, etc. Millions of government
employees have taken an oath to "support the
constitution" who have never read the document, and have no
educated understanding of its most basic principles.
- Whenever I allege that a certain government program or action is
"unconstitutional," the most common reactions are
- "So what?"
"The Constitution was written a long time ago."
"Don't you have any confidence in our government?"
- This attitude is un-American. Thomas
In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in
man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.
Instead of following the Constitution, we took a wrong turn, heading
toward totalitarianism. We must turn around. Ignore the cries of those who
say "But what about the progress we've made?" We were
progressing down the wrong road.
|In the next Two
Years, Congress should:
- Consider the Constitutionality
of Every Proposed Law
- Stop Delegating Lawmaking
Authority to the Federal Bureaucracy
- Stop the Abuse of Executive
- Rein in the Presidentís War
|In the next Two
Decades, America should:
- return to the Founders' vision of strictly limited government
- replace "the administrative state"
with locally-directed voluntary associations and Free Market
- reject "the war on terrorism" -- perpetual war for
perpetual peace; embrace "peace, commerce, and honest
friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with
Constitution (Future of Freedom Foundation)
a Congressman Should Ask about Every Bill
next: Limited Government and the Rule of