1. Christians are commanded to submit to evil in the Lord.
- Submission to evil doers . . .
- Matthew 5 (“Resist not evil” “Turn the other cheek”)
- Romans 12-13 (“Do not avenge yourselves – Vengeance
- I Peter 2 (“Submit to every human statute – follow His
- . . . is Submission to God:
- submission to evil doers is God's command.
|But “Submission” is
“in the Lord”: Disobedience is commanded:
• when something commanded by God is forbidden by the
• when something forbidden by God is commanded by
|Scriptural commands to citizens
to “submit” to the evil deeds of the State
do not excuse the evil doer:
|The wicked slavemaster is still wicked (1 Peter
do not justify his evil acts:
|Confiscation by the State is always evil (1 Samuel
God's command to the State is always the same:
2. Forcible deprivation of life, liberty, or property of others is always
Q: Why would Christians seek to imitate these pagan models?
God never commanded men to abandon Patriarchy and form a State
3. Socialism is always wrong.
The State is always
socialist – by definition.
Forming a State is always wrong.
There is no field of human action where The State
(institutionalized violence) is necessary.
- Socialized milk (“The children will starve
unless the State seizes all dairies from greedy capitalists!”)
- Socialized justice (Fact: most
disputes are settled by Free
Market arbitration outside of the State's Courts.)
- Socialized vengeance (Not everyone believes in
the necessity of bloodshed. Why should Jones be forced to pay for
Punishment] Should you be forced to pay for my
“home security” system?)
THE STATE IS INSTITUTIONALIZED EVIL
Forcible deprivation of life its cornerstone (“the
Forcible deprivation of property its life-blood (“tribute”)
deprivation of liberty its consolation (“police power”)
All political systems are institutionalized evil