The Libertarian Dime
Is America a Christian Nation?
OF THE "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE"
December 17 and 23, 2008
After my previous appearance on The Libertarian Dime - August 28, 2008
(or maybe it was after this
show), Shane invited me to submit an idea for another podcast. I
suggested "The Myth of the Separation of Church and State."
Here is the letter I wrote to Shane regarding this podcast:
America a Christian Nation?
December 4, 2008 12:18 pm
|Here are some more
talking points for the 12/17 show.
I would argue that every single
person who signed the Constitution
would agree with these points:
Again, I would argue that every
single person who signed the
Constitution would agree with
these points. Links to details are
Another point I would make would
be to distinguish the views of the
Founding Fathers in the late
1700's vs. the views they would
have if they were to travel
through time to the early 21st
everyone believed that God
commands human beings to form a
civil government. As a Christian I
believe this is a mistaken
interpretation of the Bible. I
would like to think that if the
Founders could see what happened
to the government they created, as
well as see the results of
"the separation of church and
state" in America and in the
Soviet Union, the Founders would
all become anarcho-theocrats
like me :-)
Start here: The
Separation of Church and State
During the webcast, I will try to place links to relevant documents
Part 2, December 23, 2008
show was supposed to be about "The War on Christmas," but
it ranged a bit further. My entrance is around 18:00 into the show.
- The War against Christmas = The War for Statism
Christ isn't allowed in Christmas
Q: How did this public school teacher come to believe that she
must censor religious speech?
A: The federal courts have been propagandizing an atheistic view of
Other examples of ignorance of the Constitution:
- The Issue is
- "Christ" = "King"
killed all the babies in Bethlehem because he feared a rival
The Federal Government is at war against all references to the
The Federal Government fears allegiance to a rival authority.
Keep Christmas Commercialized
Must Not be a Private Matter. (This applies below under
homosexual marriage; sex and marriage are public, not private
- Kwaanza: A Mythical Holiday
Coulter : Kwanzaa: Holiday From The FBI
- Should Government Schools Promote Christmas?
- Founding Fathers said yes:
- Does our Liberty and a Free Republic Depend on Christian
- Founding Fathers said yes:
Douglas admits: purpose of public schools = promote Christian
religion and morality.
not the State, creates liberty
- 25:00 Can't We Change Our Nation from a Christian one to an
- Who is "we?"
How is this done?
Imposed on an unwilling Christian nation by 5 members of the
- 26:00 Shane: America can never officially be a Christian
• Supreme Court in 1892 said
• The nature of "our nation" was not a single
"United States," but a confederation of Christian
states, whose religious preferences were not determined by the
federal government. America was a Christian nation because the
states were, not because the federal government said so.
- 28:00 No Founding Father believed in the modern doctrine of
"separation of church and state"
- The modern view is that the Federal government has the authority
to remove the 10 Commandments from local public schools, or to
mandate that local schools not permit voluntary prayer. No Founder
believed in this.
Madison's view on Chaplains is not inconsistent with the decision
in Holy Trinity that America is a Christian nation.
Christianity is not "monolithic," but it is
monolithically opposed to a secular government that removes the 10
Commandments from schools
- 31:00 Homosexual "Marriage"
- Prop 22 was overturned by the California Supreme Court, not the
U.S. Supreme Court.
All legislation is the imposition of morality and the limitation
[While I was away: The
Gospel of Judas and the Gospel of Bush]
- 37:00 Why should the government enforce Christianity?
- Shane: If the Founders wanted to enforce Christianity, it
would have been in the Constitution.
Kevin: It was Christians who fought against giving
the federal government authority in the area of religion.
- • Marriage: A
- • Marriage
- • Marriage
Amendment | from my blog
- • Republicans
Legalize Homosexual "Marriage"
- • Newsweek
- 40:00 Shane: Religions always want to restrict freedom.
- All government laws restrict freedom.
- 42:00 Here's another way of understanding this conflict:
- Should the Government give tax breaks
to rapists? When a rapist is paroled or serves his
sentence, should he be exempt from taxation for the rest of his
life? Theoretically (according to libertarian theory), the answer
is YES, "Tax Breaks for Rapists!" Taxation is theft.
Stealing money from rapists is theft. Rapists should be
Having said that, what kind of political message is sent by
someone who advocates "tax breaks for rapists?" Answer:
rape is good.
- Even though I believe in theory that rapists should be
tax-exempt, I'm not inclined to work for that, at least not
directly. Same with government restrictions on homosexuals. In
theory, I oppose all government restrictions. A government should
not prohibit anyone from honoring a commitment regarding property
or visitation rights entered into voluntarily, even by
homosexuals. But fighting for an end to government restrictions on
people who defy Biblical morality is not a politically popular
- 42:00 Creationists are more libertarian than evolutionists.
- Creationists want freedom for both sides. Evolutionists want to
restrict the freedom of creationists. During most of the history
of Western Civilization, "Science" did not require atheistic
materialism. Federal Courts should not prohibit local schools
from teaching Creationism.
- 45:00 According to the Bible, the only legitimate
"marriage" is between one man and one woman.
- Courts and legislatures in America saw themselves bound by what
God said in the Bible.
- 46:00 Homosexuals are not denied any rights in California, only
the name "marriage."
not Liberty - Homosexuals can do whatever they want, except
force Christians to call them "married."
Threaten Religious Liberty and Property Rights
- 53:00 Why would a libertarian favor a law that denies
homosexuals the right to merge property?
- The government does not have to legitimize a homosexual union in
order to stop denying them the right to form voluntary contracts.
- 55:00 Same-Sex
Marriage Isn't Tolerant -
- Homosexuals are battling for legitimacy and recognition of their
sexual behavior, not contractual rights.
- 1:00:00 "Don't Ask Don't Tell" - Homosexuals
in the Military
- 1:09:00 Homosexuality: Choice or Genes?
- Who decides? America's Founding Fathers believed God answered
this question in the Bible.