Liberty Under God
IS THE BENEFIT OF
Our Blessed Religion
- acknowledge that Christianity is the basis of our laws and legal institutions.
After being sworn in as President of the United States, George Washington delivered his "Inaugural Address" to a joint session of Congress. In it Washington declared:
[I]t would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official act my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States a Government instituted by themselves . . . . In tendering this homage to the Great Author of every public and private good, I assure myself that it expresses your sentiments not less than my own, nor those of my fellow-citizens at large less than either. No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the Invisible Hand
which conducts the affairs of men more than those of the United States. Every step by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation seems to have been distinguished by some token of providential agency; and . . . can not be compared with the means by which most governments have been established without some return of pious gratitude, along with an humble anticipation of the future blessings which the past seem to presage.
[W]e ought to be no less persuaded that the propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven
itself has ordained . . . .
Messages and Papers of the Presidents, George Washington, Richardson, ed., vol. 1, p.44-45
The modern idea of "Separation of Church and State" is an evil lie. While the modern Supreme Court declares that America is a "secular" nation, for the first 100 years after the Constitution was ratified, the Supreme Court frequently acknowledged that America was a Christian nation. And the more consistently America was Christian, the less archist America was.
On May 2, 1778, George Washington ordered the troops:
The Delaware Indian Chiefs came to Washington inquiring how they could leave their world of superstition and poverty, and become more like the Americans. On May 12, 1779, George Washington coached them:
The commander-in-chief directs that divine service be performed every Sunday at eleven o'clock in those brigades [in] which there are chaplains; those which have none [are] to attend the places of worship nearest to them. It is expected that officers of all ranks will by their attendance set an example to their men. While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian. The signal instances of providential
goodness which we have experienced, and which have now almost crowned our labors with complete success, demand from us in a peculiar manner the warmest returns of gratitude and piety to the Supreme Author of all good.
— George Washington, General Orders, May 2, 1778 The Writings of George Washington, JC Fitzpatrick, ed., Wash. DC: US Gov't Printing Office, 1932, Vol. XI:342-343.
You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are. Congress will do every thing they can to assist you in this wise intention.
The Writings of George Washington, JC Fitzpatrick, ed., Wash. DC: US Gov't Printing Office, 1932, Vol 15, p.55.
George Washington to New Hampshire Founding Father Meshech Weare, June 8, 1783:
I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have you, and the State over which you preside, in his holy protection, that he would incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government, to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field, and finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all, to do Justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity,
humility and pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation.
a Circular Letter of Farewell to the Continental Army, containing "my final blessing to that Country, in whose service I have spent the prime of my life."
Inscribed on a bronze tablet adjoining the Washington pew in St. Paul's chapel in
New York City.
Can we know for sure who is the Divine Author of our blessed Religion? Could it have been Muhammad? On July 9, 1812, President James Madison proclaimed a day of prayer,
to be set apart for the devout purposes of rendering the Sovereign of the Universe and the Benefactor of Mankind the public homage due to His holy attributes; of acknowledging the transgressions which might justly provoke the manifestations of His divine displeasure; of seeking His merciful forgiveness and His assistance in the great duties of repentance and amendment, that He would inspire all nations with a love of justice and of concord and with a reverence for the unerring precept of our holy
religion to do to others as they would require that others should do to them.
Who is known for saying "do unto others?"
"Our religion" is Christianity.
If elected I will follow James Madison's advice to vote against any bill which does not promote Christianity, the "true religion." In one of his most famous speeches, Madison, the "father of the Constitution," gave his reasons for opposing proposed legislation:
Because, the policy of the bill is adverse to the diffusion of the light of Christianity. The first wish of those who enjoy this precious gift, ought to be that it may be imparted to the whole race of mankind. Compare the number of those who have as yet received it with the number still remaining under the dominion of false Religions; and how small is the former! Does the policy of the Bill tend to lessen the disproportion? No; it at once discourages those who are strangers to the light of (revelation) from coming into the Region of it; and countenances, by example the nations
who continue in darkness, in shutting out those who might convey it to them. Instead of levelling as far as possible, every obstacle to the victorious progress of truth, the Bill with an ignoble and unchristian timidity would circumscribe it, with a wall of defence, against the encroachments of error.
The Disciples were given a "Great Commission":
|And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and make every nation a Christian nation,
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
During the first 100 years after the Constitution was ratified, courts -- including the Supreme Court of the United States -- repeated on numerous occasions that America was a Christian nation, including the notable 1892 case of Church of the Holy Trinity vs. United States. Only someone ignorant of the facts or with a secularist agenda would ever say that America was not originally a Christian nation.
But Washington D.C. does not always act consistently with "the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion" -- to do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and to not be like "the kings of the Gentiles." America has never been 100% consistent with "the religion of Jesus Christ." Of all the political parties, I think the precepts of the True Religion are best reflected by the Pledge required of all members of the Libertarian
- I do not believe in or advocate
the initiation of force
as a means of achieving political or social goals.
Beyond the initiation of force, the religion of Jesus Christ prohibits the return of force:
- I do not believe in the return of force -- no retaliatory, punitive vengeance
- Returning Force Against Private Force
- Returning Force Against Government Force
- The Myth of "Self-Defense"
- Christians seek to prevent evil from occurring.
- There are ways to defend yourself against aggression;
that is, to prevent an act of aggression from happening.
- Lock the door
- Use a shield
- Run away.
- But once the act of aggression has taken place
and you have been aggressed against,
then initiating a second act of aggression against the aggressor is not "self-defense."
You're no longer defending yourself,
you're on the offense;
you're taking vengeance.
You're not preventing violence, you're adding to the world's violence.
- The myth of personal self-defense
- The myth of "National Defense"
- Reconciliation through Repentance, Not Vengeance or "punishment"
- Goal + Process = repentance and reconciliation
- Competing Free Market Institutions of Systematic, Reconciliation and Restitution
- Free Market Dispute Resolution Agencies
- Do not return evil for evil; overcome evil with good (Romans 12; more)
Do not return force for force, but return incentives to reconcile for force.
- Archists (in their hearts) will pretend to not be archists (in society).
- Private Property - Individualism, not collectivism
- Order, not chaos/disorder
- "Let all things be done decently and in order"
- throughout society, not just in your home or church
- Liberty is the mother of order; archism is the father of chaos.
- America's Founding Fathers would say America today is chaotic and disordered, even though we have archists which are a thousand times more numerous and more powerful than the "swarms" of archists who plagued America in 1776.
- Archists are the greatest source of disorder and instability in our world today.
- The Founders insisted that the primary purpose of public education was to teach religion and morality, because order is maintained by religion and morality, not by archism.
- Archists in Washington D.C. have prohibited local public schools from teaching students that the Declaration of Independence is really true
- Archists are at war with "our holy religion" and with Christian morality
- Archists cause economic recessions/depressions, the "boom-bust" of the "business cycle," and economic disorder; compounded by archist confiscation and redistribution of wealth known as "bailouts." Archists are an obstacle to the economic stability and predictability needed for long-term investment.
- International Relations:
- Archists destabilize and overthrow competing archists on a far greater scale than so-called "anarchists."
- The government of Iran was overthrown in 1953 by U.S. and British Intelligence, which led to the Iranian Revolution, then U.S. support for Saddam Hussein in his war with Iran..
- The International Islamic Jihad from Afghanistan to Kosovo to the U.S. was created with American dollars beginning before the Carter Administration to destabilize and overthrow the Soviet Union, including the building of Mosques throughout Eurasia and printing of Korans with Wahabbi notes. "America Made Islam"
- The CIA in Indonesia, 1965-1967
- CIA destabilizes Guatemalan government Guatemala in 1954, and other governments in Latin America
- Would Jesus Celebrate Archist Warmakers' Day?
- God's Law, not Man's Law
We have been trained to think of "anarchy" as a situation where every man is his own god. But if Jesus is Lord, then we ought to obey His command not to be "archists." A world without archists is a world of peace, cooperation, harmony, and Free Markets, with everyone dwelling safely under his own "Vine & Fig Tree."
next: Campaign Finance, Corruption and the Oath of Office